MediaMosa is software to build a Full Featured, Web service Oriented Media Management and Distribution platform.
With MediaMosa you can build a state-of-the-art, scalable Middle-ware Media Distribution Platform which facilitates access to, and usage of (shared) storage capacity, metadata databases, transcoding- and streaming servers. A MediaMosa platform offers functionality for searching, playing, uploading, transcoding, as well as a fine granularity media access control system towards its users. MediaMosa is based on the Representational State Transfer (REST) architecture and is designed to support content streaming applications by providing a back-end-, audio- and video-infrastructure.
The main features of a MediaMosa platform
- Delivery platform for audio, video (and in fact any other content).
- Streaming of any format (e.g. Flash, H.264 MPEG-4 and Windows-Media).
- Transcoding based on FFmpeg
- Flexible Metadata Element Sets.
- Access management functions on Media.
- Enhanced Still functions.
- Supporting Apache Solr search with full text, related items, facets and other Solr features.
- Open Source under GPLv2 license.