Version 1.43 (checked in on 2010/01/30 at 07:59:25 by dries)
Default theme implementation to display a single Drupal page.
General utility variables:
- $base_path: The base URL path of the Drupal installation. At the very
least, this will always default to /.
- $directory: The directory the template is located in, e.g. modules/system
- $is_front: TRUE if the current page is the front page.
- $logged_in: TRUE if the user is registered and signed in.
- $is_admin: TRUE if the user has permission to access administration pages.
- $front_page: The URL of the front page. Use this instead of $base_path,
when linking to the front page. This includes the language domain or
- $logo: The path to the logo image, as defined in theme configuration.
- $site_name: The name of the site, empty when display has been disabled
in theme settings.
- $site_slogan: The slogan of the site, empty when display has been disabled
in theme settings.
- $main_menu (array): An array containing the Main menu links for the
site, if they have been configured.
- $secondary_menu (array): An array containing the Secondary menu links for
the site, if they have been configured.
- $breadcrumb: The breadcrumb trail for the current page.
Page content (in order of occurrence in the default page.tpl.php):
- $title_prefix (array): An array containing additional output populated by
modules, intended to be displayed in front of the main title tag that
appears in the template.
- $title: The page title, for use in the actual HTML content.
- $title_suffix (array): An array containing additional output populated by
modules, intended to be displayed after the main title tag that appears in
- $messages: HTML for status and error messages. Should be displayed
- $tabs (array): Tabs linking to any sub-pages beneath the current page
(e.g., the view and edit tabs when displaying a node).
- $action_links (array): Actions local to the page, such as 'Add menu' on the
menu administration interface.
- $feed_icons: A string of all feed icons for the current page.
- $node: The node object, if there is an automatically-loaded node
associated with the page, and the node ID is the second argument
in the page's path (e.g. node/12345 and node/12345/revisions, but not
- $page['help']: Dynamic help text, mostly for admin pages.
- $page['highlight']: Items for the highlighted content region.
- $page['content']: The main content of the current page.
- $page['sidebar_first']: Items for the first sidebar.
- $page['sidebar_second']: Items for the second sidebar.
- $page['header']: Items for the header region.
- $page['footer']: Items for the footer region.