files not transcoded

16Jul2009

when I upload an avi file through the wle the file isn't transcoded.
The analyse script runs correctly and the still is generated and saved but
no transcoding is done.
In the db transcode_profile etc. is set to NULL.
Do I need to add something to the wle to make sure it is transcoded or
is it because the avi file is recognized as a windows media file ?

thanks

Comments

Re: files not transcoded

-- details following, recreating the issue--

Re: files not transcoded

I'm still having this issue.
any ideas?

Re: files not transcoded

Here is some example output of a similar trans-coding job of an avi.
You can create similar output yourself by looking up the transcode job under `VPX / Log entries`.
There you will find the call to the LUA script. Open the LUA script and add after line 93 print(command) and save it (don't forget to remove it when you are done). Now you can manually run the LUA call from the VPX log. You should get something as below:

$ sudo ffmpeg -i /srv/mediamosa/data/T/TvuXmIpcEU0AuqjwSdI9U024 -s 256x240 -padtop 0 -padbottom 0 -padleft 0 -padright 0 -an -deinterlace -y -ss 3 -t 00:00:01 -r 1 -vcodec mjpeg -f mjpeg -y /srv/mediamosa/data/transcode/TvuXmIpcEU0AuqjwSdI9U024.jpeg
FFmpeg version 0.5-svn17737+3:0.svn20090303-1ubuntu6, Copyright (c) 2000-2009 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-swscale --enable-x11grab --extra-version=svn17737+3:0.svn20090303-1ubuntu6 --prefix=/usr --enable-avfilter --enable-avfilter-lavf --enable-libgsm --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-pthreads --disable-stripping --disable-vhook --enable-libdc1394 --enable-shared --disable-static
libavutil 49.15. 0 / 49.15. 0
libavcodec 52.20. 0 / 52.20. 0
libavformat 52.31. 0 / 52.31. 0
libavdevice 52. 1. 0 / 52. 1. 0
libavfilter 0. 4. 0 / 0. 4. 0
libswscale 0. 7. 1 / 0. 7. 1
libpostproc 51. 2. 0 / 51. 2. 0
built on Apr 10 2009 23:20:33, gcc: 4.3.3
Input #0, avi, from '/srv/mediamosa/data/T/TvuXmIpcEU0AuqjwSdI9U024':
Duration: 00:00:06.06, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 891 kb/s
Stream #0.0: Video: IV41 / 0x31345649, 256x240, 30 tbr, 30 tbn, 30 tbc
swScaler: Unknown format is not supported as input pixel format
Cannot get re-sampling context

The last 3 lines are of interest:
Quote:
Stream #0.0: Video: IV41 / 0x31345649, 256x240, 30 tbr, 30 tbn, 30 tbc
swScaler: Unknown format is not supported as input pixel format
Cannot get re-sampling context

This means that a codec is missing, here IV41(Intel Indeo 4).
Intel Indeo versions 2 and 3 have decoders in FFmpeg. Indeo version 4 and 5 are not supported by any open source decoders. So we cannot trans-code this file.

Your best chance is to re-encode to a codec that is supported by FFMPEG with a commercial package that does support the missing codec.

Re: files not transcoded

Hi should the video files uploaded through the wle downloadable here be transcoded into
the default profile specified in mediamosa installation ?
This is in any case not happening with me.
The analyse of the video files goes correct according to me. This is the output of the analyse job:
ANALYSE job returned output: Video-framespersecond: 24 - Video-codec: mpeg4
File-duration: 00:00:30.20
MIME-type: video/x-msvideo
File-bitrate: 19225
Video-colorspace: yuv420p
File-type: avi
Video-aspectratio: [PAR 1:1 DAR 16:9]
ffmpeg-output: FFmpeg version SVN-r19424, Copyright (c) 2000-2009 Fabrice Bellard, et al.}-{ configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-nonfree --enable-pthreads --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libtheora --enable-libx264 --enable-libxvid --enable-x11grab}-{ libavutil 50. 3. 0 / 50. 3. 0}-{ libavcodec 52.32. 0 / 52.32. 0}-{ libavformat 52.36. 0 / 52.36. 0}-{ libavdevice 52. 2. 0 / 52. 2. 0}-{ libswscale 0. 7. 1 / 0. 7. 1}-{ built on Aug 3 2009 11:12:34, gcc: 4.3.3}-{Input #0, avi, from '/home/kristof/stream/data/B/BmudMT6PzhOmboYXJTCM6VMQ':}-{ Duration: 00:00:30.20, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 19225 kb/s}-{ Stream #0.0: Video: mpeg4, yuv420p, 1920x1080 [PAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 24 tbr, 24 tbn, 24 tbc}-{ Stream #0.1: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1, s16, 448 kb/s}-{At least one output file must be specified
Audio-frequency: 48000
X-Audio-stream: Stream #0.1: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1, s16, 448 kb/s
Audio-codec: ac3
X-Input: 0
Audio-bitrate: 448
Video-size: 1920x1080
Audio-channels: 5.1
X-Video-stream: Stream #0.0: Video: mpeg4, yuv420p, 1920x1080 [PAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 24 tbr, 24 tbn, 24 tbc
Video-framespersecond: 24
I don't see anything wrong there, after that the job is started to create the still and is updated in the db. The transcoding job however is never called.
Is this the correct behaviour for the wle ??

thanks

Re: files not transcoded

The wle doesn't transcode the files to the default profile, when I change the wle_upload module to add the transcode parameter it does transcode it to the specified transcode profile id.

Re: files not transcoded

I think this behaviour is by design. It doesn''t transcode unless you specify to do so.
In the webservices documentation http://mediamosa.org/sites/default/files/Webservices-MediaMosa-1.5.3.pdf the REST call to do the upload (POST or PUT) says the 'transcode' parameter is optional. (Chapter 6.3).

Re: files not transcoded

yeah it could be that this is intentional, but I thought that when no transcode parameters where givin it was transcoded to the default profile.
I could very well be that I didn't understand it correctly :-)

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.