Welcome to MediaMosa
MediaMosa is an open source media (video) backend application.
What you can do with MediaMosa:
- You can upload videos, audio files and other contents.
- You can play them.
- You can set up and edit metadata, like title, description, and search them.
- You can create still images from the videos. And you can order, delete them, or set them as default.
- You can transcode the videos from one format to another.
- You can set up access rights (domain, realm, user, group), and you can easily decide who can see a video.
What is it MediaMosa then?
MediaMosa is a robust, flexible and highly scalable media management platform. It is already helping deliver rich content (video, audio etc.) to educational organizations across the Netherlands and Europe.
MediaMosa is a state-of-the-art, scalable Middleware Media Distribution Platform and facilitates access to, and usage of (shared) storage capacity, metadata databases, transcoding- and streaming servers. The platform offers functionality for searching, playing, uploading, transcoding, as well as a fine granularity media access control system towards its users. MediaMosa is based on the Representational State Transfer (REST) architecture and is designed to support content streaming applications by providing a back-end-, audio- and video-infrastructure.
The Mediamosa Team
- About MediaMosa
- MediaMosa user interface
- Files and Directories
- Coding Standards
- Doxygen formatting conventions
- REST interface introduction
- REST web services and CQL documentation
- REST format changes in 3.x
- Retrieve the upload progress
- MediaMosa Open API
- Performance improvements
- MediaMosa 1.7.x data migration to 2.x
- Bulk Upload Tools
- Release Notes
- Future / present developments
- Installing MediaMosa 2.3.x on RHEL6 with SELinux