MediaMosa 1.7.x data migration to 2.x
When you install MediaMosa 2.x, then you will see lot of information about the migration process.
Tip: If you missed this, you can still see what you should do in the profiles/mediamosa_profile/mediamosa_profile.profile file, mediamosa_profile_migration_form() function.
What you should do, if you want to migrate
- Set up your MediaMosa 2.x well, up and running
- Configure your migration databases (see the text in the profile)
- Go to the migration tool page: admin/mediamosa/config/migration
This page will check some basic requirements, before start. If it finds problems, you have to fix it first. Else you will see the migration start button. Click it. Then it starts the migration.
If you run in a problem in any step, you have to fix the problem first, and restart the complete MediaMosa 2.x installation again.
- Make a backup of your new MediaMosa installation before start the migration. So you can easily restart from the start position.
- You must test migration first, before you migrate production.
- If migration is successful, then migration is completed, and your original 1.7.x database is never changed.
- Keep a backup of your old database.
- You can't migrate databases from different servers. They have to be on the same server.